Thursday, August 02, 2007

Jet Lag


So I'm experiencing major jet lag and I've been up all night. I congregated with all the drunks at Taco Bell around 2am. Since there's not much you can do at 4am, I might as well write more about my trip.
Monday through Friday our group was in charge of the convocations for the high school and college groups. 1 high school convocation in the morning and 2 college convocations each day. Up to 5,000 students attended each convocation at Rose Memorial Hall. Pictured above.


I also spoke to a college class about being single and my relationship with God. This is a picture from one of the windows. Central air is not something of the Philippines. We were lucky to have a fan in most places. Temps were in the 90s most days.

Looking out the back of the auditorium in Rose Hall. There was a prayer group from the different Christian organizations that prayed for us during the convocation. Right before I went on stage to speak to thousands of students, my new Filippino friend, Elaine, told me that her group was there to pray for me. God is amazing.


This is Elaine. She became one of my closest friends there. She is a part of a mission team that goes and does mission work with various tribes that live in the mountains. She also helped me with my Tagalog. Magandang hapon!

No comments: