Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter with the Pope


Last weekend I went to Italy (country #24) and Vatican City (country #25?). This is why I count that as a country. But some of you might argue that it's not a country. Just read that article first before you decide. I don't have a stamp in my passport from the Vatican. But I also don't have a stamp from Israel or Cuba. So are they not countries? Just saying... The Vatican at Easter? Yes, it was crowded but we bought a prepaid ticket that put us to the front of the 2-3 hour line and we had a tour guide who actually enjoyed her job. Other than the airport being crowded, the rest of Rome wasn't bad at all. Not compared to Cairo on a daily basis. I really could have stayed in Rome for a week and in Italy for a lifetime. I definitely plan on going back to Italy. Maybe next fall to visit Sarah when she moves to a small coastal Italian town.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

you could say those same things about texas. it's talking about seceding.....again.