Monday, May 18, 2009

Feeling a little racist?


What's the difference between an expat in Cairo and a racist?

6 months.


ok, so i decided to delete this post. It was a little over the top. Since this is now a public blog, I don't want to get arrested. Egypt doesn't exactly have free speech. Basically what it said was how I was really frustrated with Egyptians. There are some really nice Egyptians who I have met, but most of the men I come in contact with daily(i.e. walking down the street, on the subway, etc.) are disgusting and grope western women every chance they get. It's becoming a big problem. Cairo is very safe other than that.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

its a city of 20 million people that is developing in ignorance and without structure or organization. Maybe its not so bad outside the tourist trap cities. I actually met some really nice egyptians. I find it astonishing what people will do when society ok's their actions. But those actions make me feel that morals are gained through nurture vs. nature.
i have crazy jet lag.