I wish I had taken more pictures during the goodbyes this week, but I'm really bad at remembering to do that sort of thing. Thursday was our last day of school and basically everyone was flying out that night. To celebrate the last day of school, we went to the A.C.E Club with Darren and Jen for a cold one. (Yes, I'm officially a member now!) Then went to my new apt to drop some stuff off. Went back to the ACE Club with John and Sarah for another cold one and dinner. Then off to TGIFridays on the Nile for the Paper Plate Awards. Now, I wasn't planning on going to this, but since I was packed and ready to go and in Ma'adi anyways, we went. Turns out there's a "special" award each year for the couple who met in Cairo and started dating : the double gallabeya. So Joe and Jen, who are getting married this summer (yay!), awarded O and I with this honor. Due to our differences in height, this turned out to be funnier than usual. Jen and Joe informed us that we have to keep this tradition going and pass it on to another couple next year. I'm thinking it should would be hilarious if we gave it to Kevin and Greg. We ended the night back at the ACE club with some of my favorite people for a few goodbyes and seeyanextyear. (Yes, I took full advantage of my ACE Club membership by going 3 times in my first day. I am addicted already.)

Everyone who is leaving is headed off to various parts of the world! I will miss y'all!! But I plan on visiting!!! :)
Lori (Columbia), Kayla (Hong Kong), Katherine & Jason,(Venezuela) Joe &Jen (Malawi), Norris & Ang (NYC), Mike (Canada) , Jen Fij (Chicago), Sarah (Italy), Jakob (Germany)
No comments:
Post a Comment