View of the lake from the pagoda.

View from the 8 story pagoda

I feel like I should talk about the rest of Vietnam. We went up to a little mountain town for a few days. Of course the bus breaks down on the way there and ends up taking 8 hours to get there. I'm so over traveling by bus these days, but there was no airport in Mui Nei. The city has a very strong European influence as far as the architecture goes. Apparently, during the war both sides agreed not to bomb this town because both sides used it as a vacation spot for the generals. We took a cable car to a gorgeous pagoda overlooking a lake. There were monks living there and we watched them offer sacrifices and pray. Later we went to the 8 story pagoda and climbed the steps to the top for another amazing view. We had great weather on these days which made the scenery even more beautiful. I would recommend visiting Dalat if you had time to travel through the middle of Vietnam.
Man chasing his son who was not cooperating with the family picture in the Botanic Gardens. It was pretty funny until he caught his son and beat the crap out of im in front of all of us.
Dalat is known for its flowers. When we were at the airport, we saw lots of people taking flowers with them to Hanoi.

A church right by our hotel. Which was odd because I thought the Vietnamese govt really discouraged Christianity. I guess it's not as bad as it sounds, there were several churches in each city we visited.
No comments:
Post a Comment