Sunday, April 08, 2012

back from spring break....

Back in Singapore! Before I blog about another amazing trip, I want to clear up a misconception. Just because we travel all the time, doesn't mean we buy a lot of crap and decorate the apartment with it. For some reason, people say, "Oh, I bet you have tons of stuff from your travels". Actually, no. It'd be really easy to collect stuff, but what are you going to do with all that stuff when you move every couple of years? I completely believe in the belief that "you can't take it with out when you die" or, more specifically, "you can't take it with you when you move across the world". However, I do LOVE to collect a few things. The first is postcards from friends who have traveled around the world. (And yes, Court, I love love those random postcards from Boerne, Texas just as much)

I keep the postcards and cards in this lil contraption from Pottery Barn. We're collecting the postcards for our wedding reception. Not quite sure what we're going to do with them, but I've got a few ideas.
And this is the other thing I collect. I started collecting oil paintings from each country, but then kinda got overwhelmed with them all. I have some of my favorite ones in the hallway.
Everything we own is from Ikea. Why? Because it's so cheap and awesome. I hang pics from our travels all over the place.
Why does the place look so clean? Her name is Anna and she's like a ninja. We rarely see her, she comes on Fridays when we're at work and we communicate by writing notes back and forth. She receives notes that tell her what to clean and she leaves notes with cleaning supplies she needs refilled. This is one of my faves. I really like the picture at the bottom. O thinks she's drawn a picture of her and an Easter basket. I think she's drawn us a picture of her stealing our stuff in a basket. I absolutely love her and I want her to come twice a week, but O says that I would become too lazy. As if there's such a thing....

No comments: