Tuesday, June 18, 2013

hazy dayz

Just another typical day in Cairo Singapore. Wait, what? 

Any time from May to October, Indonesian farmers in Sumatra set forests on fire to clear land for farming. Yes, you read that correctly. This causes a massive haze to blow over Singapore and making it unsafe to be outside for prolonged periods of time. Here's an article about it. 

I was planning on walking over to my prenatal yoga class, but not today. More indoor time means more blogging. No one is sure how long the haze will last. 

So what's new? School is out which means we are off traveling..... Nope, not this year. First time to ever stay in the city we live in for more than a weekend. Which means we are going crazy enjoying the peace and quiet. There's plenty to do in Singapore and we are "treasuring our alone time" as everyone says to do. We've eaten out almost every day trying new restaurants and going to see lots of movies. We've done lots of baby shopping. I went to the US Embassy yesterday. I could have called them with my questions, but thought I'd just go in. Pretty straight forward with getting a passport for the baby. And there's even a changing table and nursing area in the women's bathroom. USA! USA! 


O went to Beerfest with the boys and I made some more pictures for the baby's room. We went to the Aquarium one day. I know, it's so much excitement, we can really only have one activity a day. 

Other exciting things to look forward to:

go on hospital tour
write a birth plan
fix the printer to print out the birth plan
figure out how the baby monitor works
figure out how to use breast pump
sterilize all baby things
attend baby first aid class
go see the new pandas at the zoo
get a new couch cover from Ikea
O is going to take his Singapore driver's license test
count how many onesies our baby has We have 87 onesies! 
look up ways to induce labour

1 comment:

Miss Tweedle said...

Friends of mine swear by drinking raspberry leaf tea to help labour start! You can get it at health food stores here... there?? I dunno, but you should try it! It's on my list for this week!