Tuesday, January 23, 2007
The end of Vegetarianism???
So you might know about my B12 deficiency which you were probably unconcerned about, as I was, until my sister informed me that B12 deficiency could lead to brain damage and that I should go back to the doctor to get it checked out. My new doctor was actually intrigued by the fact that I had a B12 deficiency and I was not a heavy drinker or vegan. (By the way, I love how on the survey I had to fill out it looked like this: Amount of daily alcohol consumption:_____ Occupation:_____ Haha! I wanted to write "enormous amounts" and "beacuase I teach 10-year olds".) Anyways, after many questions she came to the conclusion that I most likely suffer from Coliac Disease. This means that in order for my body to absorb the correct vitamins and nutrients, I need to be on a strict gluten-free diet. So my protein shakes and other forms of protein are out and meat is back in. I have not been "officially" diagnosed with Coliac yet. I have to get my lab results back and then see a Gastro/Intestenianal doctor. Don't go ordering me a steak any time soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
well, it's about time you put an end to that vegetarian nonsense
agreed. i've been telling you all these years that vegetables are bad for you.
you got me new running shoes? good, b/c i need some. you can't lie to me. i know you are very excited about your new disease.
now you are as kool as i am with your special little GI disease
Post a Comment