
Student: Ms. McGoldrick, can I have a piece of paper?
Me: No. Why?
Student: To write my own declaration of independence.
Me: And who are you independent from?
Student: ummm. I haven’t figured that out yet.
Me: Well, you can’t have a declaration of independence if you aren’t claiming to be independent from someone.
Student: Ok, then adults.
Me: WRONG.
Student: Ok then teenagers. Once a teenager beat me up. I want to be independent from them.
Me: Ok, but you aren’t using my paper for that.
Me: No. Why?
Student: To write my own declaration of independence.
Me: And who are you independent from?
Student: ummm. I haven’t figured that out yet.
Me: Well, you can’t have a declaration of independence if you aren’t claiming to be independent from someone.
Student: Ok, then adults.
Me: WRONG.
Student: Ok then teenagers. Once a teenager beat me up. I want to be independent from them.
Me: Ok, but you aren’t using my paper for that.
3 comments:
The deluxe "Half-Blood Prince," according to Scholastic, includes a 32-page insert of art and illustrations, a "custom-designed slipcase," and a "full-cloth case book, blind-stamped on front and back cover, foil stamped on spine."
I will not be purchasing that. I will be in the ham that day.
did you hear about the 18 baby pandas that were named?
The pandas were paraded in little baby prams on state television.
The public voted for the names of the pandas on the internet. The names include Fuwa for baby no. 9, the same name as the Beijing Olympics mascot, meaning friendly.
Baby no. 1 was named Sixue, meaning "miss the snow", twins were named Meixi and Meixin, both meaning beautiful, and the naughtiest was called "Taotao", meaning mischievous.
Once in the compound the cubs seemed to take to their new found freedom - running around and exploring their new home.
Tag! You're it! Here are the instructions (see my blog for an example :) ):
"Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post telling 6 weird things about them self... as well as clearly state the rules. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Also, leave a comment on their blog telling them that they have been tagged."
Post a Comment