Wednesday, July 16, 2008

an apple a day....


I've been to 6 different doctors in the past week. And spent $$$ just on routine visits. Everything was normal except for my cholesterol (202). Which my doctor suggested might be due to Taco Bell. She is such a liar. I love how I went to see the dermo. for a skin cancer screening and she suggests acne medicine. Didn't even know I had an acne problem. And she was the 7th dermo to tell me "You will get skin cancer, it's just a matter of time. Let's talk about sunscreen and long sleeves." Let's not. My dentist looked at my teeth and said, "Everything looks great. Just keep doing what you're doing." Really?? Like eating lots of sweets and never flossing? Might want to think about that before you say something crazy. It's just good genes, not my maintenance.


Tomorrow I will brave the 3rd Ward to get some immunizations. It's the cheapest place in town and I'll still be spending over $300 for the shots. Doctors are obnoxiously expensive.


"If you can survive the 3rd Ward, then you can survive Cairo." --my mom

1 comment:

suzanne said...

I have two definite cavities (since seeing the dentist last year but having to wait until my insurance kicks in to pay for fillings) and probably much more now so i don't think its good genes, since we share those.

also, do you know if cairo has taco bell?