I finished 3 books before going back to work. I don't think I'll have much time for reading in the next few weeks since my schedule is pretty busy. Just wanted to recommend these books b/c I liked them.

This was a story about a circus in the 30s. I really liked the way the story was told. Very unique. A very quick and easy read. Can't wait to see the movie.

This books is about the slave trade in the 1700s told from a woman's perspective. Very good book, but also very disturbing. Slavery must be the worst thing humanity has ever done. Most is based on facts. Just unbelievable what some people have been through. "The book of Negroes" was a real list of people who were allowed to escape slavery and go to Canada which reminded me a little of Shindler's List. Also, just bought that book too- even though I know the ending.

I liked this book alot. It's based on a true story about a man who escaped from an Australian prison and lives in the slums in India while working for the Mafia and also acting in Bollywood films. He also started a free health clinic and then fought in Afghanistan. Most of it is true. It doesn't really matter that some of it is fiction because he's such a good writer. My favorite parts are when he talks about what it's like living in the slums of India. After seeing those slums, you just have to wonder what a life what that is like as a foriegner. I loved reading this book because it has such vivid descriptions of India. Can't wait to go back and see more of that amazing country!
No comments:
Post a Comment