Still having a great time in Singapore. Did a little Ikea shopping today and controlled myself as best as I could. I love that place. Not much to report, just trying to keep an update on stuff. In the Lonely Planet books, there is always a section on each country entitled "Dangers and Annoyances". Sometimes they make me laugh so I always try to think of what I would add to this section with each country I go to. For Singapore, I would say that the people tend to walk "at" you. They will walk straight toward you until you jump out of the way at the last minute. It's slighly annoying because I don't understand it. I mean, evidently, you will have to move so why walk staight toward someone. I've been told by friends who have been here several years that you just get used to body checking a few people. Also, enormous amounts of the cutest babies I've ever seen. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's illegal to 'accidently' take one home from the store. In the paper, they have a whole section of cute Asian baby pictures. At first I thought it was all the ones that were for sale. No, just parents who are so proud of their cute babies. Pretty funny stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment