Sunday, December 18, 2011

jet laaaaaaag.

Finally arrived in VA Beach after 24 hours of travel. When we landed on our last plane here, O says "Huh, that wasn't so bad, didn't really feel like 24 hours." FALSE. It felt like 24 effing hours. The first flight was 7 hours to Tokyo and was pretty nice. I watched Friends with Benefits (JT is boring), Larry Crowne (possibly the worst movie ever) Easy A which I actually liked, and started Gnomeo and Juliet which I can't wait to finish. Also, we had these guys on our flight. Not bad, not bad.

Second flight which is 11 hours- had no t.vs. Wait, what's that, no tvs? Yes, you read that right- 11 hour flight- NO TV. What the F*$%, Delta?!? They gave us the oldest plane available on planet earth for an 11 hour flight. O thinks it's because we were flying to Detroit. And there were quite a few characters on that flight, but STILL. COME ON!

The worst part about traveling that far is the jet lag. I did everything that you are supposed to do to fight jet lag. No caffeine, no alcohol, sleep on the plane as much as you can. The worst thing that happens on the plane is that you are woken up every 30 seconds to eat something. What is this? I'm never hungry but when they come around with the food cart, I rip into the warm carton of processed food as if I haven't eaten in weeks. Then I immediately regret that choice. It's never good food. At best, it's edible.

We could have flown around the world in either direction. It's actually the exact same distance which is insane when you think about it. However, flying over Europe has a ton of stops. And here I am awake at 1:23am....

4 comments:

Jen said...

I flew Delta (operating for KLM, sneaky bastards) last year from Amsterdam to Atlanta and we had no TVs either!!!! 10.5 hours!

mel said...

Ok, What is up with that??? If I had known that then I would have taken the cheapo flight on China Eastern!!

mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mel said...

p.s. I'm writing a nasty note to Delta about it...