Friday, May 25, 2007

Last Day of School Recap

7:40 students arrive outta control
7:50 morning announcements
8:15 Chad puts glue in veronica's chair to make her stick to it.
8:16 Rodrigo grabs Stephanie's camera and starts taking pictures of himself.
8:17 Stephanie kicks Rodrigo and punches him.
8:18 Stephanie tattles on Rodrigo.
8:19 Rodrigo tattles on Stephanie.
8:20 yell at class that we are all about to sit in silence for the rest of the day
8:30 I make Chad walk to the office carrying the chair that is covered in glue. He cries the entire way.
8:45 talk to Principal about "appropriate punishment" for chad
8:50 decide that chad is to clean all of the chairs for punishment. awesome.
9:10 Kickball game
9:45 Ancillary time....I go to my room and do excessive paperwork.
10:30 eat Popsicles at the track
10:35-11:00 clean up Popsicle mess and break up ice-throwing fights. why???
11:00 go back to homeroom and clean
12:00 start movie
12:30 lunch
12:31 kids are outta control. parents show up and start passing out extra candy that they don't need and cake. why??
12:55 leave lunch early to maintain sanity.
1:00 finish movie
1:45 Rodrigo and Emily get in a fist fight over....nothing!!
2:35 kids leave. praise the LORD!!!

These are some of the notes I received from my students (and my own personal comments):

"Have a great summer. Thanks for the knowledge." (suck-up)

"Dear Ms. McGoldrick
Thank you for teaching me Reading and Social Studies." (as if I had a choice)

"Dear, Ms. McGoldrick
This year has been so much fun because of you. Your the best teacher I've ever had. Thank you for teaching me this year. I'm going to keep working hard when I go back to Japan this summer. I'll never forget my experience at America." (LOVE IT!! He even drew a picture of a baseball player! Best student ever!!!)

"Dear Ms. McGoldrick,
We were very fortunate to have you as Koji's teacher this year. He always told us how nice and patient you were with the kids and your kind disposition towards them. He has learned alot and has nice memories from his 4th grade. Have a wonderful summer!"
(kind disposition? patient? haha! I wish all parents were this nice. It helps that her son is perfect!)

As for gifts....I got the usual smelly candles, tacky lotions from Walmart, and gift cards (which I LOVE), and makeup!! Are they trying to tell me something?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

the evidence i need to prove there is a superior race.

Mrs. Klink said...

what did ETH-an have to say?