Friday, June 22, 2007

Pray, Preach, or Die


We had another meeting last night for our mission trip and there was a comment that stayed with me. Mostly we talked about what we would do when we got there, how much we could pack, and when our flights left, blah blah. But our leader made the comment that we need to be flexible and ready for anything. He said that at any time we should be ready to either pray, preach, or die. How true. We should always be ready to do those 3 things at any moment in our lives. Today I had the opportunity to share what prayer is and explain the holy spirit to someone. I realized when I was doing this, that I tend to explain things like I'm speaking to a little kid. I guess that's just the teacher in me. I need more adult conversations.
So if you are a believer and you are reading this. Remember to always be ready to do those 3 things for the Lord. Pray to Him. Preach about his love. Die for Him.
"but in your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you"
1 Peter 3:15

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

muahahahah. not a sign, but then again, who am i to call it? great blog.