Monday, October 04, 2010

the gym experience.


So far, so good with the gym. I went to this class today called ABT. Yes, that's exactly what I need to work out. Abs, butts, thighs. The instructor was the littliest, happiest Asian man(think gay Jackie Chan). At the beginning of every class, they always ask who is new to the class. I couldn't understand a word he said. Just sounded like Whhco whaqhee zhoiechoa e? So I raised my hand. Then he laughed. Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh God, what did I just volunteer for... As the workout goes on, he sings to every single song(aka William Hung) and never once stops smiling as if he's auditioning for Glee while doing a Jane Fonda workout. I'm not going to lie, it was kinda awesome.


Also, I have to mention this because it is SO Singapore....and SO the opposite of Egypt. In the dance studio, there are mats that have a sign above them. "Sterilized Mats" and another pile on the other side of the room "Used Mats". I ALWAYS think about how gross it is that we use those things after someone else and they are probably never cleaned. LOVE it!!

No comments: