Saturday, October 02, 2010

Workin' on my Fitness

I went in to a gym yesterday with a 2 week free pass. I tried to remind myself to be strong, don't join the gym no matter what they try to talk you in to. Alas, I'm such a sucker. First of all, they start with a full body analysis. Excuse me, but I just want to work out. I'm quite aware of my NEED to work out. But before you can enjoy your free pass, you have to get this analysis done. Fine, whatever. I think it was supposed to make me depressed and get me to hire a personal trainer immediately. Instead, I was impressed by my weight. It's not so bad. I've already lost some weight from Egypt and wasn't trying. Well done, me. However, to reach my fitness goals. I need to lose 10kilos(about 20lbs) of fat and gain 2-3 kilos(about 5lbs) of muscle. Totally got suckered in to paying for a gym membership for an entire year. But I saved over $400! I said no to the personal training and plan on working out by myself at first and then later if I need some extra help, might employ a trainer. It's not very motivating when the personal trainer isn't super fit herself. If someone who had Madonna's arms was offering me personal training, then obviously I would immediately sign up.

Also, I decided on a way to motivate myself. Here is the break down of rewards:

work out 5-7 days/week: new piece of clothing
eat healthy all week: new jewelry
work out only 3 days: pedi/mani

I know this makes me seem like such a princess, but my gym is in the middle of the shopping mecca of southeast asia. Basically every store you have ever heard of is within walking distance. It's hard to not think about shopping. So there it is. Let's see how it actually works.

No comments: