

I've been rereading the part on Bali. We are staying in the mountain town that is mentioned in the book. I want to see the movie before we go, but Owen refuses to acknowledge anything having to do with the book. It is a very American/naive view of the island from what my friends have said about Bali. Whatever, the book is still entertaining. We'll just have to have a girls night and go see the movie! When I first read the book, it made me want to go to Italy, India and Indonesia immediately. When I was in Italy I could totally relate to that part of the book where she eats everything in sight. The food/wine in Italy is so amazing. The part of India in the book, I couldn't relate to at all. Probably because I wasn't going through a divorce or mediating every day in an Ashram. Plus, I thought India was all about the food. We have several friends who will be in Bali at the same time so that should be fun. I'm excited about staying in Ubud, the mountain town, because it's known for it's unbelievable artwork. It's funny how that is barely mentioned in the book. We have to watch out for monkeys and stray dogs because most of them are rabid. Also not mentioned in the book, but that would take away from the romance. I liked the book because it was entertaining and about travelling. But I felt very little sympathy for her as she decides she wants a divorce and to travel the world at 35. Probably because she was married at 24 and never was really on her own. Her husband wanted to work it out, but she didn't want to try. Sorry, no sympathy for your crying fits, lady. She just seemed very selfish about the whole thing. Maybe that's why they had to have Julia Roberts play her character. Everyone loves a good Julia Roberts movie. Anyways, can't wait for BALI!!!!
1 comment:
happy birthday month!!!
Post a Comment