Saturday, October 01, 2011

One thing I love about Singapore is that everyone is always up for doing stuff. Instead of just sitting around and eating/drinking, everyone likes to swim, play tennis, etc. Last night I went to my friend's place, she booked the tennis court, squash court and she has a lap pool. Then we had drinks/snacks by the pool and walked to dinner. I ended up playing with my other friend's baby/toddler in the pool. He's super cute and his mama only speaks Spanish to him so I got to brush up on my Spanish. It's funny because his dad only speaks French to him, mom speaks Spanish, he obviously hears us speaking English, and his pre-school is Mandarin only. So we're all waiting to see what language he'll start speaking first. Social experiments with babies are always fun. I would love for my kid to be bilingual, but multi-lingual- wow.

No comments: