This was another classic Ken Follet book. It's set in WWI in Europe involving lives of various people from Germans, Brits, Russians, and Americans. I liked the characters and the history of that time period. Already have pre-ordered the next book in the series on my Kindle. Recommend this one if you've got a lot of time to read.
A classic Peter Moore book. If you haven't read his books, you're missing out. I think he's freakin hilarious. He writes books about traveling with a sarcastic/witty sense of humor. The book before this one is The Full Moctezuma which I highly recommend. In that book he has decided to travel through Central America for 6 months with the GND (girl next door) who he has only dated about 2 weeks before the trip. Bad idea? Obviously, but hilarity ensues. This book deals with his heartbreak after she dumps him- which pretty obviously will happen right from the start of their Central America trip. He's dealing with the breakup by traveling from Cape Town to Cairo on buses, back of trucks, whatever way he can. Having been to most countries that he talks about, I loved reading his view on each one. An easy, entertaining read for anyone with an Australian sense humor. Absolutely loved the way he described Egypt and Cairo, especially.
No comments:
Post a Comment