We celebrated our 1 year anniversary in style. Took the cable cars out to Sentosa- a tiny little man-made island off Singapore. Oh, learned something new about Sentosa- there are wild peacocks that just roam around the island. They are really beautiful, but it's weird to see them just walking around.
And then had dinner at a new restaurant that was waaay too fancy for us. We had to google some of the words on the menu because we had no idea what we were ordering. We ended up meeting the owner (who we thought was the head chef) who came over to talk to us awhile. He's been in SG for about 10 years and his wife has had 4 kids here. This big belly sometimes gets lots of attention.
It seems like the trendy thing to do is eat the top layer of your wedding cake on your one year anniversary. This has always grossed me out for some reason, I know it's frozen and all that, but still. We had cupcakes at our wedding, so I thought our tradition should be to have cupcakes on our first anniversary. Fresh cupcakes. Can you imagine if I had tried to keep cupcakes from our wedding in CA and brought it back to SG? They would have been smashed well-traveled cupcakes.
There was one night where we really were bored and sick of eating out. I know, it's crazy with all the amazing food here. So we decided to make our own pasta from scratch with a pasta maker one of our friends gave us when she moved away.
We couldn't get the pasta maker to attach to the kitchen counter or the dining room table, so we ended up setting it up on the table on the balcony. We started with ravioli and then tried spaghetti and fettuccine. The best part was pesto sauce I made from scratch- yes, I "cooked" and it was so easy and so yum.
I've also added a few finishing touches to the baby's room. Even though baby will stay with us in our room to start because his room will have to be the guest room for awhile. I've washed all the clothes, sheets, etc. Everything has been sterilized and ready to go. Now it's just a matter of waiting for baby to make his debut. I've had signs of early labor, but he also hasn't dropped so who knows. So we are now not-so-patiently waiting. The exciting part is that friends are starting to come back in town!
No comments:
Post a Comment