
So last Friday night around 10pm, I make the weekly trip to Kroger for a box of cookies. Yes, I'm feeling like a loser. But even more so when Reba called me earlier that evening and said "So big Friday night plans, huh?" And when I say, "yes. huge plans." she then bursts out laughing. Obviously I'm a Friday Night Loser.
As I'm walking down the cookie aisle, I can't believe it. There's this totally hot guy walking towards me. It's just like a good 80s movie and it's all in slow-motion. He is walking towards me. Is it really 10 pm on a Friday night at Kroger? What is the hottie with a body doing on my aisle? Obviously, he is lost. Beer aisle is the next one, buddy. As we walk towards each other we realize very awkwardly that we are both stopping at the same place. I slow down to let him get what he needs. He grabs my box of cookies! No joke! MY cookies!! We look at each other out of the corner of our eye and then run off in opposite directions.
I am IN LOVE! with my cookies. I have no need to hide my affection for these cookies. Apparently, hot guys like to eat them on Friday night at 10pm too! Finally, I feel justified in my life choices.
2 comments:
When I was shopping at Publix on Saturday night I had a very drunk man run his cart into mine then fall into the beer display. IN LOVE!
I just laughed out loud! You say all those awkard things that a lot of us feel. I can totally relate to your story because I often do that on Friday nights but with pizza or ice cream and I usually have the exact same feelings about it.
Post a Comment