Thursday, April 24, 2008

No MSG

Our writing journal prompt today was:
"What would it be like if there was no T.V? Would it be good or bad? Explain."

So I call on my sweetest, cutest, littlest Asian to read his response aloud. This was his response.

"It would be better to not have T.V because too much T.V. hurts your eyes and you will have to wear glasses like Michelle and Danny."

(Michelle and Danny are 2 kids in the class who are sitting right there.)

My response after a very long awkward pause, "Ummm no, that's not why they were glasses."

littlest asian: "Yes, it is. My mom say so. And her friend say so.

Me: "No.....some of us need glasses because we were born with eye difficulties..."

little asian: " No. It true. Internet say so too."

Me: "ok, fine. who wants to share next?"

Geez....

2 comments:

suzanne said...

you should have asked WHERE on the internet he read this. Because if its wikipedia you can't really argue it.

Jen said...

Obviously I watch to much TV because when I heard Michelle and Danny I thought of Full House. I was confused because they don't have glasses.