Saturday, May 21, 2011

America, what has happened to you?

Maybe it's because I've been living out of the country for 3 years now, but I just don't get it. I saw this video today. That is the worst thing I've ever seen. Everyone has been hating on that Friday song, but that girl is WAY better than Kesha. I guess she's trying to be 'sexy' but is just painful to watch. Horrible.

We don't get very many shows here from the states- but Bridalplasty? Really? This is happening? There are shows where women are judged and the prize is to get plastic surgery?! How are people not appalled by this? This is what they must show in Taliban training camps to get them to hate America. Bridalplasty, Real Housewives of whatever town, and the all those other terrible reality tv shows. People from around the world see this crap and make judgements about America. It is beyond embarrassing.

I'm not at all conservative in any of my political views, but something should done about values in America. Maybe the message should be less about fighting gay marriage and more about fighting materialism and obsession with celebrities.

All right, off my soap box. Just had to get that out.

1 comment:

Jen said...

YES! Thank you! I think that America is quite blinded by it's on ridiculosity (yes, I made that word up, but I can't think of a better description). We're fighting things that shouldn't be up to the government to fight and acting like stupid idiots in the eyes of the rest of the world!