Sunday, May 29, 2011

Summer 2011




There are 2 weeks left of school, but with report cards and portfolios done, it's time to check out. I've already packed my bags for Africa and the countdown has begun. The reason I'm already packed is because I'm really nervous about being in cold weather and not having enough warm clothing. With the temperature in SE Asia never dropping below 80, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle 50 degree weather. When we were in northern Vietnam, it was about that cold and I was miserable. However, I'm also excited about being in cold weather. I bought a few new sweaters and fleece pants from Gap. I'm excited to wear socks and need a jacket. Can't wait for a bowl of soup! Oh, and I'm excited to see the animals. I'm taking a photography class for the next 2 days to learn all of the tricks to using a DSLR. Pretty excited to learn how to use my camera... and getting a new lens in a few days.

I'm forgetting about one important thing. The week before we leave for Africa, we go lay on a beach on a tiny island in Malaysia. I haven't even thought about packing for this as it feels like just going to Florida for the weekend. I'm really excited about this trip too, but Africa just sounds so much more exciting. I've signed up for a Scuba Diving instruction course where I will officially get my scuba license.

Oh, and we're stopping in Dubai for 2 days on the way back from CapeTown.

So it's like this:

Summer 2011
Singapore
Malaysia
South Africa
Namibia
Botswana
Zambia
Zimbabwe
Swaziland
Dubai

2 comments:

suzanne said...

where did you find good deals for flights for all that?

mel said...

emirates airlines- just on their website