Lately I have started running at the park in the morning again. If you don't run, you should. If you run, you should do it at the park in the mornings. It's the greatest time to run, not only because it is the coolest time of the day but for the people you see. I consider myself an "authentic" runner. Meaning I don't run with music and it I do alone. So I have lots of time for people watching, thinking, and prayer. I do have favorites at the park and I think you should know about these people.
If you have run a race in Houston, any kind, be it marathon or some wimpy 5k, then you have seen this guy. He looks like that guy from the last of the Mohicans. Every time I see him running towards me I get the theme song for last of the mohicans stuck in my head and I have this urge to run into the woods and hide like he's going to scalp me or something. But he never does and he just sprints past me with his long mohawk ponytail hair flying in the wind. I love him but I'm also terrified of him.

There's this old man who sits on the same bench every day to brush his dog's hair. His dog is the cutest dog in the world and he is the oldest man in the world. The dog is Rocky. Everyone says hi to Rocky and Rocky's owner hits on every female that passes him and also yells random curse words when you don't talk to Rocky. He also encourages Rocky to growl at other dogs.
There is a woman who is ridiculously toned and always wears the exact same outfit. Sports bra, shorts, no shirt, ski gloves, ear muffs, did I mention no shirt? I'm no doctor, but I bet if you put a shirt on, you might not need the ear muffs and ski gloves...I'm just sayin'
And at mile 1.4 every day I pass the hot guy. You know how there's always one. No shirt, mucho muscles. Actually, the muscles are too big for my taste but he has a cute face. I try so hard not to stare at his moob, but it's just so huge! (moob= man boobs that are so huge they become a single unit) Every day he catches me staring at the moob. What do you do....Oh well.
2 comments:
i was previously unfamiliar with the moob concept. interesting.
do you ever see parrot lady? i haven't seen her in awhile. she walks around the park with a parrot on her shoulder, acting as if it is the most natural thing in the world. of course, no runner will come within a 15 foot radius of her- and that is a sight to behold- presumably concerned that the bird might startle and fly off with its' clipped wings.
I need to recruit parrot lady to the morning time.
Post a Comment