Sunday, April 28, 2013

28 Weeks update- Welcome to the 3rd trimester!

Latest bump pic. I couldn't get O to tear himself away from the NBA playoffs to get a good pic so it's me in the mirror. Not the greatest and I'm totally rocking the double chin. 

Funny pregnancy moments- You really have to just have a good sense of humor about your pregnancy. It's better to laugh rather than cry. I've had some major baby brain moments lately. I've been in conversations and completely responded as if I wasn't listening at all- which I wasn't and everyone keeps making fun of me for it at work. One of the worst baby brain moments was a few days ago. I was walking through a mall and realized I needed to buy some new shampoo. So I walked into Sephora and bought shampoo. I walked to the next mall (Singapore is just a big city of interconnected malls) and I thought, "I need shampoo", so I walked into Watsons and picked up shampoo and went to pay. Only then did I realize that I HAD JUST BOUGHT SHAMPOO. Ooops. Got home and realized that I don't even need shampoo, there is plenty in the bathroom.

How are you handling the heat?! Everyone has been asking that lately. I'm starting to get noticeably hotter these days. I've never really minded the heat here- growing up in Texas summers prepares you for living on the Equator. But with all this extra blood running through my body, yeah, it's fuggin' hot.

Weight gain: 10 lbs total since the start of pregnancy or as O says "That's it?!" I swear the scale is broken at the dr. office. 

Maternity clothes- It's actually really surprising that I can still fit into some non-maternity clothes. I've been told that depending on what I wear, some days I look "super pregnant" and some days I just look "normal". Whatever that means, I feel super pregnant all the time. 

Stretch marks- Surprisingly not yet. 

Cravings: Orange juice every day and ice cream occasionally.

Miss anything? Sleeping on my stomach and back. Being able to bend down without the belly getting in the way. A cold beer on a Friday afternoon. Oh, and cookie dough. 

Kicks/movement- ALL the time! Day and night, when I'm sitting or walking around, doesn't matter. With a new scan each month, it's nice knowing exactly what position he is in so I can tell if he's kicking or punching. He punches more than he kicks. Gonna be a boxer!

Belly button- still in, but barely

Sleep: It's getting harder to get comfortable some nights. Thinking about getting one of those body pillows. I've basically created a body pillow with 5 of our pillows but I have to rearrange it every time I get up to go to the bathroom. Also, O is sad he's just down to 1 pillow now. He guards it like a hawk.

Happy or moody: Mostly happy, but just don't ever eat a pregnant lady's food. Ever. 

Looking forward to: June 7- last day of school. Freeeeedom!!

Latest scan: I went in to the Dr this past week because I had a fever. Same story- lots of fluids, rest, paracetamol (Tylenol to Americans) to keep the fever down. Whenever I go in, the dr always does a scan to check to make sure everything is okay with the baby and also to "brighten up my day" as she says. Technology is amazing. With one click of a button, she showed me a 4D scan of the baby! It's a strange/awesome thing. Here's a pic of his face. 


4 comments:

Miss Tweedle said...

Lookin' good mama! And NO FAIR! You have only gained 10 pounds!! Good for you. You must have way better will power when it comes to food than I do. I just love that 4D scan picture- its crazy!!!

suzanne said...

yay!

suzanne said...

is this dress from h&m?? think I saw it today!

mel said...

yes, it is from h&m!