Saturday, February 04, 2012

gong xi fa cai

Happy New Year! Well, Chinese New Year. Time for some resolutions.... I'm sure you've guessed the first one by now. It's pretty much the same every year.

1. Lose weight. Feel great. I've come to the conclusion that no one is going to take care of your fitness for you. It's up to me to take charge. So I joined a gym. Just like every year. However, I took a little bit different approach. First, I only signed up for 6 months because I'm a realist. Also, I chose pretty much the most expensive gym I've ever heard of. I'm pretty sure I paid about the same in rent in college as I do for the monthly fee. But this gym is so flash. A few of my favorite things:

- Tvs and Dvd players on every machine. Oh wait, your gym has that? Did I mention the insane DVD collection they have? Just about every TV show and movie ever made. And they give you new head phones if you want them.
- The locker room- just a really nice, clean area that also has a complete supply of CLOTHES. I could show up to the gym with just my shoes. And once I forgot my hairbrush- there was a brand new hairbrush available.
- towels- Oh right, every gym has towels you could use. This one has cold towels soaked in herbal tea in a small fridge for after your workout. Greatest thing ever after an intense workout with the trainer.

2. Take better care of my skin. I don't want to be one of those women who one day say, Oh I wish I had started taking care of my skin when I turned 30. (When I told O this, he says, but you're 31. Thanks.) I've come to the conclusion that expensive makeup is expensive for a reason. It's better. Most of the time. With that being said, unfortunately, Sephora has become my Target. I literally went in just for lipgloss and came out with this:


So here I am ready to start the Year of the Dragon with a gym membership and overpriced beauty products.

No comments: